Thursday, March 15, 2012

my creative space,,,,,,,,,,,

Just a few days back i came to know about our creative spaces through a fellow blogger. Thought of giving it a go and here i am posting my entry for this week. ALHUMDULILLAH, most of my incomplete projects had the chance to be completed this week. i decided to experiment crochet combined with the indian attire. The result - crocheted shalwar khameez.

i don't take the credit for the stitching of the dress as my tailor did that for me, ALHUMDULILLAH. 
The shirt and the sleeves are bordered with a crocheted diamond motif lace, the pattern of which you can find here. ALHUMDULILLAH, the lace of granny stitches on the neckline of the shirt and on the ends of the shalwar are an original pattern that i formed playing along with the yarn trying to give it a different edging.

edging on shalwar
shalwar

neckline crocheted border

now, for the dupatta, i tacked randomly crocheted flowers. The flowers are crocheted magnifying the pattern found here to just the first round, the completed dress was gorgeous, ALHUMDULILLAH.

Summary: Shalwar are loose pajama-like trousers, khameez is a long shirt and dupatta is a long scarf that is worn over both shoulders.

crocheted flower

dupatta










8 comments:

  1. MashAllah, that suit is beautiful, and so inspiring, I will have to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALHUMDULILLAH, JAZAKALLAH Khair for the kind words.

      Delete
  2. The lace works looks incredible, Mashallah. It should try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JAZAKALLAH Khair. i would love to see your work when you try it, InshaALLAH.

      Delete
  3. The crochet edgings are beautiful Mashallah!, did you sew the crochet on to the dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanx. stitching that on to the dress was way out of my interest right now after all that crocheting,so i made my tailor do that for me.

      Delete
  4. now this is really inspiring me to take up crocheting. BUT i still havn't completed a compete kammez after taking sewing classes a year ago. Incomplete projects is my middle name at the mo. I can just imagine hubbys face when I mention I want to try a new hobby! No harm in browsing and enjoying someone elses beautifull creations though! Looking forward to more stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanx now thats inspiring me to start more projects, INSHAALLAH.

      Delete